Foothills Family Resources provides all the amenities of a modern office space at no expense to our partners. In return, our partners provide the following services to the residents of Travelers Rest, Slater, Marietta and Cleveland, South Carolina.

Department of Social Services:

A DSS caseworker is on site full time and provides easier access to SNAP benefits. To contact the on-site caseworker, Mrs. Griffin, directly, please call 864-836-3699. SNAP applications are provided and accepted at the intake desk.

WIC Services:

Provides nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding and non-breastfeeding postpartum women along with infants and children up to age five who are found to be at nutritional risk. To schedule an appointment, you must contact WIC at 855-472-3432.

Foothills Family Resources:

Food Pantry (Available M-Th to households once every four weeks) Medicaid and SNAP application assistance; Rent/Utility/Medication assistance; Center for Working Families: Works to move participants from crisis to self-sufficiency via job training, financial counseling and resume/soft skills development.

Greenville County Human Relations Commission:

Provides counseling for: financial literacy, pre-purchase, foreclosure prevention counseling, reverse mortgages, landlord and tenant issues. All Center for Working Families participants receive counseling with GCHRC in financial literacy and credit repair.

Greenville County School District Lifelong Learning:

Provides classroom instruction to prepare students to take the GED and WIN certifications. Classes are held at Foothills Family Resources on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 9am to 1pm and follow the Greenville County Schools calendar. To register for classes at Foothills Family Resources, please click the “Registration Link” button on the Lifelong Learning homepage: and choose “Slater/Marietta” as the site preference.

Greenville Mental Health:

Provides quality Mental Health Services to adults, children, adolescents, and their families. Please call (864) 241-1040 to schedule an appointment.


Provides job training and placement via Greenville Technical College. Works specifically with Center for Working Families participants.

Vocational Rehabilitation:

Provides assistance in job placement for disabled persons and those with a criminal record. To schedule an appointment with a counselor, please call 864-467-7560.

The Commodity Supplemental Food Program* (Senior Boxes):

Works to improve the health of participants by supplementing their diets with nutritious USDA commodity foods. Programming occurs monthly on the third Thursday from 1:30-2:30pm. Please call (864) 836-1100 ext. 101 for details on registering. Who can receive these foods? Individuals over age 60 who are income and residency eligible.

Food Pantry (The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)*:

Provides emergency food to help supplement the diets of low-income individuals. The Food Pantry can be utilized once every 30 days and food is available for pick up Monday – Thursday 8:15am – 4:00pm (closed daily 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm). Please be sure to bring a valid picture ID with current address, Social Security cards for all household members, and proof of income.

As you can see, it is not just FFR’s individual services that make it so vital to Northern Greenville County; it is the close proximity of all of these services to an underserved population that makes us irreplaceable in the region. This is especially true considering we serve a population that faces a lack of transportation as a huge barrier to receiving services. These individuals need help and would go without if FFR did not exist.

*USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at How to File a Program Discrimination Complaint and at any USDA office or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: .

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.